What is Hedge Betting?
The way to play the long game in horse racing. Hedging your bets is a betting strategy which involves placing bets on a different outcome to your original bet to secure a guaranteed profit regardless of the result, or reduce your risk.
An example of Hedge Betting
- This is the horse we want to win
- Paying $6.00 WIN and $2.50 PLACE
- We bet $15 WIN and $45 PLACE
- This one might win instead!
- Paying $4.00 WIN and $1.70 PLACE
- We put a “Saver” bet on $20.00 WIN to cover bet costs
- We can make this bet slightly bigger at times to make a small profit.
- Sometimes we get lucky and the Roughie wins.
- Paying $20.00 WIN and $6.00 PLACE
- We put a small bet on –> $5.00 WIN and $15.00 PLACE
- We ACTIVELY seek out the BEST Roughies, horses that are paying over the odds and are worth having an each way wager on.
- Often, these places pay more than the winners
TOTAL BET ON 3 HORSES = $100.00
- Danger wins $80.00 (so $20 loss)
- + Top Pick places $112.50 (now a $92.50 profit)
- + Roughie places $90 (now $182.50 profit)
Tips Are Not Intended To Be Used For Gambling Purposes. If You Do Use This To Gamble, Only Gamble Within Your Means. Know When To Stop.